The Darkness of this Passing Age



How long, O Lord?

How long will there be hatred, enmity, and malice?
How long will sin reign in creation, in mankind, the crown of your creation?

2 Peter 3:9 
"For God is not slow to fulfill His promises as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

My heart is grieved by the brokenness of this world. 
In my anger over the iniquity of my fellow man, I am reminded of the iniquity of my own heart. 

How often do I give myself to selfishness - thinking of myself more highly than others?

How often do I allow myself to bathe in my self-righteousness instead of humbly receiving instruction?

How often do I treasure the fading pleasures of this world and forsake the infinitely better treasure that I have been given in Christ? 

How often do I conceal hatred in my heart instead of forgiveness? 

Psalm 51:1-4
"Have mercy on my, O God,
according to your steadfast love;
according to your abundant mercy
blot out my transgressions. 
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin!
For I know my transgressions, 
and my sin is ever before me. 
Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight."

In our anger, Lord, in our hurt, in our sorrowing, in our indignation - Would you point our hearts to you? Would you help us to, yes, stand up for justice - but would you turn us to the Just and the Justifier? 
As we cry out in our agony, cause us to cry out to you, the Healer, the Comforter, and the Life-Giver. 
As we recognize the evil of the present world, would you show us your holiness?
As we seek answers, would you help us to find our rest in you - The One true God? 

Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

In the midst of the chaos, racial tensions, riots, COVID-19, political drama, and more - let us cling to the founder and perfector of our faith, Jesus Christ. Let us look to the prize of the upward call as we run this race with endurance, and let us press on in love awaiting for the day when He will make all things new, and sin will be no more, and we will worship Him forever.

John 13:35
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Revelation 21:1-4
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.'"

Revelation 22:20
"He who testified to these things says, 'Surely I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!"

Comments