Jots and Tittles - The Need for Accountability




I discovered a mistake that I made - It wasn't very big, a silly mistake to be perfectly honest. 

It was made in the haste of typing the thoughts that came into my head, and I didn't notice it for a year.

When I wrote my book, I had intended to say, "you are" and somehow I managed to write, "your are" - And I never noticed it until the paperback back books came.

Even then, it had to be pointed out to me, I was horrified by my mistake, and frustrated that I hadn't seen it before. 

It made a lot of extra work, and postponed something that I was really looking forward to - the public release of my book, 'The King's Watchman'

It brought to mind some things that God has been teaching me. 

Having people in your life that hold you accountable is so incredibly important! We've been going through the book of Titus at my church on Sunday mornings. The role of the older men is mentoring the younger men, the role of the older women, is mentoring the younger women - Those young ones grow and in turn mentor those that are younger than them. 

What a blessing is the community of Christ! 

How often do I think that I can do it on my own? 

I lean upon my own strength, for the sake of my pride, I want to be able to do things on my own. Especially being in a new state, church, circle of acquaintances, and position in life, I find this to be true. 

I want to have it all figured out before I go to my husband. 

I want to be "all cleaned up" before I interact with those around me. 
I want to have the answers, and never questions.
I want to have the solution, and never the problem. 

For shame! I am abandoning the pattern that God created, for the sake of my pride, and thus elevating myself above the God who created me. 

I am so thankful for the faithful preaching of His word, for having the Scriptures in my native language, and for faithful women in my life who have encouraged me and helped me to grow throughout my life.

I am thankful for those that He has used to help me to see something that I have been ignoring, indeed, not even noticing, in my life - This need for reaching out for accountability, discipleship, and to be doing the same for others. 

God, help me! May I have a heart to stir up others to love and good deeds, and may I speak with words of kindness and understanding, and humility. May I be more concerned with the welfare of the souls of those around me, than with concern for my own reputation or comfortabilities. 
Let me not be hindered from the call to discipleship by the bonds of niceties and polite conversation imposed by culture dictates. May I not be satisfied with the shallowness of this world, instead, may your Spirit give me words and courage to speak of the things of God, and to draw out the soul of the precious one with whom I speak. Let me lead by example and not be ashamed to confess those sins which are common man to those in my life, and to ask for prayer, encouragement, and counsel! 


I doubt that I would have noticed the typo (that I now can't help but see!) had my mother-in-law not kindly pointed it out. We need people in our lives - I need people in my life, who have that type of relationship with me that they can point out my sin, and point me to Christ. (My husband and my mom do this so well for me!!!) 

I am grateful for this mistake, frustrated though I am to have made it, as it holds a valuable lesson.

The timeframe for release to the public has been postponed for another 6-12 weeks while it is fixed. 



























I'll be sharing the Amazon listing as soon as that is available. Again, this will be 6-12 weeks. So, I am estimating on the far end and giving a release date of March 29th, 2021 - However, Lord willing, it will be sooner and we can have an "Early Release"

Comments