Our Holy God, and a Sure Hope




I’ve been reading Isaiah, the nation of Israel was rampant with injustice, unrighteousness, and evil - Chapter 6 opens with this:

“In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!” And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!” Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.” And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.””
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭6:1-8‬ ‭

It was a sweet reminder to me, that while the nations fall apart around us, while there is injustice, unrighteousness, and evil in the land, God is on His throne, and He cleanses His people, not to be kept in a safe box, but to go forth into the world of unrighteousness, and to be His light. Oh, the peace-filled confidence that is found in our sovereign and righteous King.

He alone is holy!

Nations will fall
Leaders will fail
People will respond in wickedness
Lies will be told
Injustice will be done

But the Word of the Lord stands forever

He is holy and on His throne, and the unrighteousness of this world is passing away, it will not go unnoticed or unpunished by the sinless Creator.

There is coming a day when every knee will bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, in HIS righteousness and return is where our hope is anchored. Not in any man, woman, political party, document, financial gain, physical health, or human law.

Despite the fierce disagreements that come with such political upheaval as we have seen for years, may your people seek to maintain the bonds of unity, with gracious speech - not that they would yield in their convictions, should their convictions be from you, but to seek to not compromise the sharing of the gospel and loving of the saints for the sake of debate.

Come, Lord Jesus! Until then, may your church be found faithful in your sight, diligent and perseverant in the face of any trial for the sake of the gospel, counting it as joy to suffer for your name. And may we not take lightly the call to spread your gospel of truth with those around us!

Comments